Skip to content
ACBL’s Daily River Conditions
Updated Monday, June 14, 2021
Today’s Key Issues
- LaCrosse Railroad Bridge (UM 699) – has RETURNED to normal operations as of 1500 today and traffic will now be allow to pass.
- Bayou Sorrel Reopened- Bayou Sorrel Lock (PA 37) has reopened on 6/12 following a month-long closure since 5/11. Expect traffic to slowly divert to the Port Allen, given the volume of barges remaining in NOLA for transit through Algiers. USACE is dredging about Bayou Sorrel 6/10 – 7/8, but minimal impact to navigation is expected. Expect a full recovery to transit by the end of June.
- Meldahl Locks and Dam (OR 436) – Main chamber repairs will begin 5-17-21 and run through 6-29-21. Will use the Auxiliary chamber. Expect intermittent full closures TBA.
- Cheatham Locks and Dam (CR 149) – Remains closed, but plan on starting some intermittent lockings to bleed the que on 5-29-21. Repairs will run through 7-15-21.
- Arkansas River High Flow Delays – High flows on the Ark are driving reduced tow sizes by 25-50% and significant delays to transit. Expect impacts to navigation through late June.
- Tenn-Tom Lock Closures – High Flows and passing flood water is driving a full closure of Stennis Lock (TT 334.7). Expect to reopen Stennis Lock approx. noon 6/14. A barge allision with the spillway is driving a closure to the Tom Bevil lock (TT 307) since noon 6/12. More details to come once barge removal plans are finalized. These closures block access from Mobile to the Tennessee just below Columbus, MS.
- Warrior-Tom Closure for Lock Repairs – The Warrior-Tom will be closed at Bankhead and Oliver Locks for maintenance 6/24 through 7/23. This is a full 30-day closure which will cut-off access to Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
- Gulf and Canals Weather Update – Good operating conditions expected for most of the region this week, 6/14 through 6/19. Seasonal showers may occur, but expect no impact to barging activities.
River Closure & Restricted Movements